Energy Trust recently launched the Working Together Grants, a new, competitive small grant opportunity for nonprofit organizations serving communities. The grants provide funding up to $10,000 for nonprofit organizations interested in pursuing activities that help diverse customers and communities save energy or use clean, renewable energy.
The grant offer was created as a new way for Energy Trust to engage with community organizations to reach and serve diverse customers. By providing small grants to nonprofit organizations, Energy Trust will extend the benefits of energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy to more customers.
Through the initial round of funding $125,000 in grants will be awarded. Additional funding opportunities are expected to be announced in 2022.
Examples of grant funding requests may include, but are not limited to:
- Activities to increase community and customer awareness of clean energy solutions and offers—such as events or marketing materials
- Activities to spur customer participation in Energy Trust’s energy efficiency and renewable energy offers—such as funding to supplement an existing program or program in development
- Support for organizations needing additional capacity to connect customers to clean energy solutions and offers—such as staff time, training costs, costs for a grant writer, contractor, intern
Organizations eligible for the 2021 Working Together Grants must meet the following criteria:
- Registered as a nonprofit entity in Oregon or Washington
- Proposed activities funded through the grant are in Energy Trust service area and directly or indirectly benefit utility customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista
- Proposed activities funded through the grant benefit priority diversity, equity and inclusion audiences in Energy Trust focus areas: communities of color, customers with low incomes or rural communities. For information about Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion plan and goals, visit our website.
- Proposed activities funded through the grant align with grant purpose
All applications meeting eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the selection committee. Additional eligibility requirements and details can be found on Energy Trust’s website or on the Working Together Grants FAQ.
Apply for the Working Together Grants here. Applications are due January 31, 2022.