With our new Special Projects Grants, Energy Trust hopes to fund projects that address challenges facing Oregon’s new commercial construction industry. Our goal is to support research, development of technical tools, design guides and/ educational offerings that reduce market barriers to high-performance construction practices.
Ideal candidates can demonstrate their excellence in the new commercial construction industry and have an interest in the advancement of high-performance, energy-efficient buildings in Oregon. Individual grants may range from $5,000 to $10,000.
Energy Trust has identified several topics of interest, including:
- The business case for net zero
- Strategies to address barriers to affordable housing developers who are considering net-zero design
- Streamlined building and energy use reporting
To be considered, applicants must:
- Demonstrate how their proposed project addresses today’s industry challenges
- Agree to share the project’s outcome with the larger Oregon new commercial construction industry to help advance collective industry knowledge
Building industry professionals, including architects, engineers, building science professionals, urban planners, policy professionals and academics, are encouraged to apply.
Energy Trust will review applications and award grants beginning in August 2017. All awarded projects must be delivered, or show substantial progress, by December 31, 2017. Download the application to learn more and apply.