Energy Trust of Oregon cash incentives help make energy-efficiency improvements at multifamily properties more affordable. In addition to the new incentives listed below, Energy Trust is offering bonuses for qualifying insulation, ductless heat pumps, packaged terminal heat pumps, gas furnaces and foodservice equipment installations at eligible existing multifamily properties.
Beginning September 1, new incentives are available for:
- Extended capacity heat pumps (ECHP)—$650-$1,350—Incentives are available for extended capacity ducted heat pumps, which operate efficiently in colder climates without engaging backup heating systems. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only.
- Advanced Rooftop Controls (ARC)—$50-$200 per ton—Incentives are available for retrofit advanced rooftop controls.These controls reduce fan speed during heating and cooling and can help building owners and operators save money while making their buildings more comfortable.
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves—$30 each—Minimum spray force of 4.0 ounces-force. Installed equipment must have rated flow rate 0.61 GPM and 1.00 GPM and have electric or gas water heating provided by a participating utility. Incentive available for campus and assisted living properties only.
- Windows—$6.00 per square foot— Incentive available for windows that have a u-value of 0.24 or less. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only (projects purchased on or after August 1 are eligible).
Existing Multifamily will continue to offer bonus incentives on select equipment including the addition of commercial foodservice upgrades installed in campus and assisted living properties on or after August 20, 2020. The following amounts reflect the total incentives including bonuses:
- Electric Griddle—$800 each
- Electric Combination Ovens—$3,000 each
- Electric Hot Food Holding Cabinet—$600 each
- Electric Steam Cooker—$3,400 each
Recently updated incentives and bonus extensions include:
- Gas Furnaces—The incentive, including the bonus amount is increasing from $550 to $1,000 per unit. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only. Equipment must be purchased and installed between September 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021.
- Insulation—Several insulation bonus incentives for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties have been extended through March 31, 2021.