If your business leases space in a commercial building, there are many no- and low-cost steps you can take to reduce your energy consumption and costs. Some upgrades are eligible for cash incentives from Energy Trust of Oregon. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Upgrade your lighting with new energy-efficient bulbs and fixtures to save energy and improve lighting quality.
- Use daylight dimmers to dim room lights and take advantage of natural light when available.
- Use an advanced power strip to identify which electronics should always be on, and which ones do not need power when they’re not in use.
- Conserve water use and save energy to heat water with faucet aerators in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Change or clean HVAC filters regularly. Dirty filters overwork equipment, using more energy, and result in lower indoor air quality.
- Keep exterior doors closed during operating hours to avoid wasting hot or cool air.
Energy Trust’s Trade Ally Network includes contractors and other allied professionals that can connect you to incentives and services. Use the Trade Ally Finder to get help with services or to find a company to work with. For more information on cash incentives that can improve the efficiency of your Oregon business, visit our website or call 866.605.1676. You can also save energy and money at home with low-cost tips and cash incentives.