Energy Trust cash incentives help make energy-efficiency improvements more affordable. Beginning in 2019, some new and updated incentives and requirements include:
- Foodservice Incentives—New equipment incentives are available for dishwashers, ovens, fryers, steam cookers and more.
- Condensing tank water heater—Thermal efficiency requirement increased from 91% to 94%. Incentive changed from $4.00 per kBtu/h to $3.00 per kBtu/h.
- Condensing tankless water heater—Thermal efficiency requirement decreased from 94% to 92%. Incentive changed from $2.75 per kBtu/h to $2.25 per kBtu/h.
- Residential clothes washer—Minimum Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) requirement increased from 2.38 to 2.76. Incentive remains unchanged at $120 per unit.
- Commercial clothes washer— Integrated Water Factor (IWF) requirement changed from 4.5 or less to 4.0 or less. Incentive remains unchanged at $300 per unit.
Incentive eligibility is dependent on property type—for full details, take a look at the incentive booklet.
When submitting a project, be sure to use the new and improved technology-specific forms. 2019 forms have been streamlined and grouped into equipment categories to facilitate a smoother and faster incentive application process. Please submit applications within 90 days of installation to qualify for cash incentives. The new forms can be found below.
- Appliances: 320APP
- Weatherization: 320WX
- Heating and Ventilation: 320HVAC
- Water Heating: 320WH
- Foodservice: 320F
Energy Trust also offers custom incentives for properties with unique systems or equipment. Call 1.877.510.2130 to learn more, or to schedule a free site evaluation that covers the range of cost-effective and energy-efficiency improvements available for your property.