Scheduled maintenance at your multifamily property should happen at regular intervals throughout the year to prevent large, expensive and time-consuming repairs. Check these off your to-do list before Oregon’s wet winter settles in.
- Check indoor and outdoor plumbing for leaks or blocks.
- Seal or insulate the shell of your building including windows and doors.
- Lower thermostats in vacant units and unused rooms or upgrade to smart thermostats to set temperature.
- Replace outdoor lighting with LED bulbs and install motion censored lighting.
- Clean gutters and drains to prevent buildup.
- Clean out venting ducts in common area laundry rooms.
- Change out old air filters to increase the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Remove any debris that has accumulated near outdoor equipment to prevent blockage.
- Drain water heating tanks once a year to remove sediment.
Energy Trust of Oregon helps businesses run better with free resources including no and low-cost tips and can recommend the most energy-efficient equipment for your business. For more information visit www.energytrust.org/multifamily.